There is nothing more delicious than a juicy, flavorful burger, well prepared with crips toppings on a soft bun paired with many other vegetables and seasoning. This meal can make anyone happy and is a perfect dish for gatherings, parties, lunch, dinner, and practically for any occasion that you choose.
However, what if there is a big gathering coming up and you don’t want to waste any time on preparing the mixture from scratch and also you don’t want to be insecure whether you prepared the right amount of meat, is there another option that is easier and more convenient, like frozen hamburger patties?
Can you use frozen burger patties to make the perfect hamburger? Yes indeed! The main ingredients that you need to prepare a good juicy hamburger are a pack of frozen burger patties, vegetables, seasoning, and all kinds of sauces that you please. The frozen patties can be cooked in an oven, on a girl, flat pan, air fryer, etc.
Furthermore, I’ll share with you some tips on how to make the perfect hamburger patties, season them properly and ways on how you can cook the frozen patties enough so the final result will be a perfect, delicious hamburger.
Preparations before cooking:
A 100g of patty can contain up to 240 calories, 4g carbs, 19g fat, and 16g protein. Patties are part of many dishes and the main serving is in a sandwich called “burger” or “hamburger”.
The patty can also be made out of different types of meat like “turkey burgers”, “fish burgers” and nowadays it’s popular among vegans the “veggie burger” which has no meat, and is made out of soy or other mixed vegetables.
Fresh is always better, but don’t be afraid to use a box of frozen patty burgers. If you prepare and cook them properly you’ll have the perfect burgers.
People who are always busy and don’t have much time for preparation, these frozen patties are the perfect solution.
A frozen patty can approximately contain 240 calories 0g carbs, 17g fat, 21g protein. When preparing you can choose any types of vegetables, mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup, pickles, cheese anything that you please.
Also, pick up buns from the market. If you are not ready to use them right away, they can also be kept in the freezer as they can be defrosted when you want to make burgers.
When you are preparing this dish, firstly remove the patties from the freezer and leave them to thaw.
A good option is to put the patties to thaw in the seasonings so the meat will pick up all the flavors and marinade.
Follow up the article as I’ll share with you some ideas on how to season and prepare the frozen patties before cooking.
Remember these are just ideas that might come handy if you like spices, put as much as you like, as this depends on your taste:
- Essential and very important to add is the good old salt and pepper duo which are the first things that anyone puts in all meals when preparing.
- Then, if you like garlic and you don’t have a fresh one, then garlic powder is your thing.
- Also, those of you who like onion don’t worry, onion powder is also an option,
- And if you like spicy food, then chili powder is the spice you need. Put as much as you like so you’ll get the perfect spicy burger patty.
Tips how to cook frozen hamburger patties:
After you’ve done all of the seasoning (optional) frozen patties are being thawed for a while or if you want to do it faster use the microwave but only for a couple of minutes so they won’t be cooked inside the microwave. Remember you are just trying to defrost them a little.
However, there is always an option of cooking them right away after you take them out of the freezer.
Read further the article, as I’ll share with you some ideas that you can follow up and use some of the cooking varieties as it’ll bring diversity in your cooking:
- One of the best options is to cook your burgers in a flat pan on medium-high heat. Before putting the frozen patties, heat the pan for about five minutes.
- Then, add a teaspoon of olive oil to the pan and let it heat up. Also, remember that it’s necessary to place the burger patties in the pan and to leave space between.
- Add the frozen patties and cook them for about 6-7 minutes and if you haven’t added any seasoning, now is the time to do it.
- Have a spatula near so you could flip the burgers, as the other side needs to be cooked, 6-7 minutes the same as the other.
- Check if they are ready to be taken out. Flip the patty another time just to be sure that it’s cooked properly. Make sure that they are not just brown on the sides but the inside is cooked as well. You can also add up cheese so it can melt before taking it out.
- When you are done, place them on a plate with paper so the extra oil can come. After they are chilled for a few minutes they are ready to be put into buns and mixed with other toppings to make a delicious hamburger.
- When cooking in the oven, make sure that you have pre-heated at a temperature of 230°C.
- Have the frozen patties placed on a lightly greased oven tray? Also, cover the tray with aluminum foil, place it in the center, and cook for 12 minutes.
- When you are half-way through make sure to flip the patties so they can be cooked properly and even on both sides and lower the temperature at 160°C.
- Once you make sure that they are done, place the pan out of the oven and put them in a soft roll. Use bans and other ingredients so you can make amazing oven-baked burgers.
- If you are using a grill make sure that you have the right temperature about 325 degrees. If you don’t have anything to tell the temperature on the grill just hold your hand high above the grill to make sure that it is hot enough to be cooked on.
- After you made sure that the grill is well heated, place the frozen patties on the grill and let them cook for about 5 minutes before flipping. Actually, you should flip them every 3-5 minutes until they are cooked all the way.
- If you don’t want the burgers to burn, move them from time to time because the fire can rise and it can destroy your burgers. So make sure to keep a temperature of about 160 degrees and calm the fire. Check if they are cooked properly and there is no pink meat, because you don’t want to make anyone sick if they are undercooked.
- After you are done with the patties, place them on a plate. You can add the buns on the grill to heat them up for a minute or two as they will get even more delicious. After that, your sandwiches are ready to be made with all other flavors added.
- Another option is the air fryer to cook the frozen patties. This way of cooking includes a very little amount of oil.
- Usually, the burgers are not deep-fried and the air fryer makes the patties really fast.
- You should set up the fryer at a temperature of 375 for about 15-20 minutes.
- Flip them from time to time as they won’t get burned and also keep in mind not to put too many patties. Make sure that there is enough space in between so they can be cooked properly.
- When you are done, place them on a plate and your patties are ready to be made into hamburgers.
Read these FAQ to get informed:
Can you refreeze hamburgers?
A frozen, then cooked hamburger might have a different consistency when it’s defrosted but you’ll be able to eat it afterward. It can last up to four months in the freezer if it’s not salted and if it is then thrown out within a month.
How can you tell if the frozen patties have gone bad?
The meat will be sticky, slimy, the color will be different and it will have a weird smell. If it’s turning green you should immediately throw it away.