There are many ways to create side dishes and even make them as a main course. One of those options is to create frozen hash brown patties.
The hash brown patties are perfect small cakes that are made from potatoes and are chopped into small pieces. They can be cooked on a grill or in a frying pan. The taste of the hash brown patties reminds us of potatoes. You can buy them from the store or make them at home.
The option of making them at home requires you to use little oil. You need to make them crunchy and salty, but not too salty. You can also obtain them frozen from the local stores if you don’t have the time to create them from scratch.
However, it may be tricky if you don’t have much time and you need to cook them faster but they are frozen. Is there a way to cook them frozen?
There are a few options that you can use to cook frozen hash brown patties like: in a frying pan, in the oven, and in the microwave. Also, read more on some tips on how to cook them properly to create nice crispy brown patties.
How to Make Frozen Hash Brown Patties?
There are a few options that can help you create the best hash brown patties even though they are frozen. Read below to find out more.
Frozen hash brown patties in a frying pan
The first option that you’ll find here is to make the frozen hash brown patties in a frying pan.
- All you need is oil, actually any kind that depends on you. You’ll need just enough to cover the bottom of the frying pan.
- Afterward, put the frying pan on the heat until the oil is heated enough. Ensure that the heat is reduced to medium since you don’t want to burn them.
- Then add the frozen hash browns to the frying pan. You should know to leave space in between so you can move them a little. Fry them for 2 or 3 minutes on each side until they turn light brown and crispy.
Use a piece of kitchen paper to excess the extra oil off. Then, they are good for serving.
Frozen hash brown patties baked in the oven
On the other hand, we have the baked frozen hash brown patties in the oven. This is another way to create nice crispy patties.
- All you need to do is preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Afterward, lay down the frozen brown patties on a baking tray. Make sure that they are not sticking together and leave space between.
- Make sure that when you put the tray in the oven it’s in the middle of it and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Note that you need to turn them over halfway. Once they are all brown and cooked, just take the tray out. You can check the middle before serving to determine if they are baked enough.
- Afterward, they are good for serving.
Frozen hash patties in the microwave
One of your dilemmas is probably if you can use the microwave for frozen brown patties and if they’ll be cooked enough. The answer is yes, you can. It is safe and you’ll create a nice dish out of it.
- Place them on a dish and add an additional plate on top to cover them. This is to keep the moisture and keep them fresh. If you don’t put a plate, it’s not bad, they’ll come drier.
- Microwave them at high temperatures. Turn them over when you notice the top turning brown. This means 3 or 5 minutes depends on the power of the microwave.
- Afterward, when they are cooked, leave them on the side for a few minutes to settle. Then. you can serve them.
Tips On How to Cook Frozen Brown Patties
Besides these main tips on how to cook the frozen brown patties, we have some additional tips that will help you create a nice crispy dish.
- You can use the toaster to create frozen brown patties. In just a few minutes you’ll have them ready and good for eating.
- An air fryer is also a suitable option for many people. This also saves you time and you get nice crispy patties.
- You can also thaw the frozen hash browns before cooking. This way you’ll get a tastier dish and they will get cooked all the way. Also, this means that you’ll get rid of the extra moisture if they are thawed. This way they’ll have better texture.
- When you are making hash brown patties and they turn out to be soggy. Make sure to add the right amount of scratch and create a nice texture, because the potatoes will leave extra moisture.
How do you cook frozen hash brown patties in a frying pan?
If you need to cook the frozen hash patties in a frying pan you can microwave them on high for a minute.
Afterward, add canola oil and heat them up on the pan at high temperatures. Cook both sides on average for 4 to 5 minutes. Cook until they are golden brown and crispy.
How do you make frozen hash brown patties crispy?
The main thing that you need to know to create crisps on the frozen hash brown patties is not to pile them on the pan. Flip them on the side when one is done and cook them through. Cook until the pattie is dark brown and there is crisp on the bottom.
Can you cook frozen hash brown patties in the toaster?
You can use the frozen hash browns and place them in the toaster for cooking. You’ll end up with golden and crispy brown patties in just a few minutes.
Can I cook frozen hash browns in a frying pan?
Yes, you can only by using oil. You need to add to the bottom of the frying pan and heat up the oil. Then place the frozen hash browns but be careful since the oil will be heated.