McDonald’s Nuggets are something we all love to eat when they are hot.
However, what if you find it hard to finish them in one go? You surely do not want to waste this delicious food item from McDonald’s. No worries because we won’t let that happen.
You can reheat the leftover McDonald’s nuggets in an air fryer, oven, grill, microwave, or even on the stove. However, using an air fryer is the best way to keep the chicken nuggets fresh and juicy after reheating, followed by an oven and grill.
This post provides detailed instructions on reheating the nuggets in the oven, microwave, stove, grill, or air fryer. You can follow any method based on what is available to you.
Additionally, we will share valuable tips so you don’t miss the taste of McDonald’s nuggets.
Reheat McDonald’s Nuggets: 3 Easy Methods
We will discuss the top three methods to reheat McDonald’s nuggets. These methods will make sure that your nuggets remain crispy even after reheating.
Before starting, just one piece of advice: Put the leftover McDonald’s nuggets in the fridge as quickly as possible to minimize the possibility of food contamination and bacteria build-up.
1. Air Fryer
The air fryer is one of the best methods to reheat chicken nuggets properly.
All you have to do is follow the recipe mentioned below. The leftovers will be as good as fresh. We are sure you will not regret saving them for later.
- Take the nuggets out of the refrigerator ten minutes in advance.
- Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a brush and apply a light layer of oil to both sides of the nugget piece. This is not compulsory. It is your choice whether you want to do it or not.
- Place the nuggets in the air fryer in one layer. Do not stack them on each other.
- Reheat the nuggets in the air fryer for 5-8 minutes. Check once in between and turn them to the other side.
- Once done, take them out and let them sit for one minute. Now, it is ready to go on your plate.
Reheating your nuggets in the oven is the second-best option after the air fryer.
If you use a compact toaster oven, you will be unable to distinguish between air-fried chicken nuggets and oven reheated chicken nuggets.
In other kinds of ovens, you will get approximately the same feeling if you follow our guide by heart. So, let us take a look at reheating McDonald’s nuggets in an oven:
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius or 365 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a baking tray, put parchment paper and place your McDonald’s nuggets in a single layer one at a time. Make sure you keep an adequate gap between the two chicken nuggets.
- Bake the nuggets for 8-10 minutes approximately. Keep checking the nuggets in between to avoid overcooking.
- Finally, take the hot McDonald’s nuggets out and let them cool for sixty seconds. Eating straight away might burn your mouth. So, this is a crucial step to follow every time.
Lastly, a grill is a good option for reheating McDonald’s nuggets.
Although it is less preferable than the oven because it might lead to uneven cooking, you can still give it a try.
Here is how you can reheat McDonald’s nuggets on a grill without much hassle:
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Spray the leftover nuggets with vegetable oil on both sides.
- Place the nuggets on the grill directly. Again, make sure the McDonald’s nuggets do not touch each other.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes. Check once and turn them to the other side.
- Again, grill for another 2-3 minutes. Check again. If you are satisfied with how they turned out, take them out carefully. Otherwise, grill for 1-2 minutes more.
- Let them cool for 60 seconds before eating.
Can You Reheat McDonald’s Chicken Nuggets?
You can reheat and eat McDonald’s chicken nuggets for four days after purchasing them from McDonald’s.
The FDA suggests reheating chicken nuggets at the internal temperature of 74 degrees Celsius. So, make sure you do not go beyond that.
Also check: How To Reheat Chipotle Burrito
Can You Reheat McDonald’s Nuggets In The Microwave?
You can reheat the McDonald’s nuggets in the microwave if you do not wish to follow any of the mentioned methods.
The microwaved nuggets might lose their crispiness, but you can still have them. Ensure you eat them as soon as possible to avoid a soggy taste.
This method is quite simple and saves a lot of time. Here is how you can microwave your McDonald’s nuggets in a microwave:
- Take the McDonald’s nuggets from the refrigerator approximately ten minutes before putting them in the microwave.
- Now, take a large microwave-safe dish and place a napkin or kitchen towel over it.
- Place each McDonald’s nugget on the plate in a single layer at some distance from one another.
- Microwave the nuggets for 15-30 seconds.
- Check the nuggets. Again, heat them for 15-30 seconds.
- Continue this process till your nuggets are warm as per your liking. Generally, it will take about 60 to 90 seconds for refrigerated nuggets to heat up properly.
- Take them out of the microwave. Use gloves or mittens to avoid burning your hands as the plate might be hot.
- Let them cool for 30 seconds. Finally, you can enjoy your leftover McDonald’s nuggets now!
How Do You Reheat Chicken Nuggets On The Stove?
If none of the above methods suit you, we recommend this as your last resort. The chicken nuggets can get overcooked if they are not done correctly in this method.
It is why you must follow the recipe as it is to avoid ruining the leftover chicken nuggets. Here is how you can reheat chicken nuggets on the stove:
- Take a pan or skillet and add a few tablespoons of oil. You can determine the level of oil as per your wish.
- Heat the oil to 180 degrees Celsius. You can check this by using a thermometer. If you do not have a thermometer, take a wooden cooking spoon and place it in the skillet. The oil is ready for chicken nuggets if you observe bubbles around the spoon.
- Gently place each chicken nugget in the skillet. Keep two things in mind here: first, do not add all the chicken nuggets at once. Second, make sure you do not overfill the skillet.
- Cook each chicken nugget for not more than 30 seconds. Then, turn them to the other side. Cook for 30 seconds again.
- Now, carefully take the nuggets and place them on a dish layered with kitchen towels. Once the excess oil is soaked, they are ready to be served.
Can You Warm Up Chicken Nuggets In The Microwave?
You can warm up chicken nuggets in the microwave just like McDonald’s nuggets mentioned above. Just follow the recipe as it is. You are good to go!
Tips For Storing and Reheating McDonald’s Nuggets
Lastly, here’s a list of tips for storing and reheating McDonald’s nuggets that you can try the next time you plan to reheat chicken nuggets at your home.
Storing Leftover Nuggets
First of all, store the chicken nuggets within two hours of purchase. Then, separately cover the chicken nuggets in aluminum foil and keep them in a sealed container.
Nuggets handled in this manner can be stored in the refrigerator for four days.
However, before wrapping the nuggets, ensure they are entirely cooled down. Otherwise, they will be mushy. They will also lose their taste.
You can also freeze nuggets for long-term storage. Nuggets can be frozen for up to 2 months and still taste great. Here is how you can freeze the nuggets:
- Lay the individual McDonald’s nuggets on a baking tray keeping some gap between them.
- Now, put the tray into your freezer. Let all the nuggets sit there for an hour.
- Take the chicken nuggets from the freezer and wrap them in aluminum foil separately.
- Place the wrapped chicken nuggets in an airtight freezer ziplocked. It will prevent freezer burns. Finally, place the bags in the freezer and take them out when you want to eat them.
Reheating The McDonald’s Nuggets
While it is pivotal to reheat the chicken nuggets properly, you should keep a few things in mind before reheating them. Let us look at them closely.
If you plan to reheat the nuggets, take them out of the freezer or refrigerator in advance. Wait till they come to room temperature before following any method.
Generally, refrigerated nuggets will take 10 minutes. However, frozen McDonald’s nuggets might take hours.
To save time, you can put the frozen nuggets in the microwave. Apply the defrost setting for two minutes. Repeat the same process until you defrost your nuggets thoroughly.
Lastly, check the frozen or refrigerated nuggets for any spoilage before reheating them. If you see signs such as foul smell, molds, unpleasant taste, or discoloration, avoid eating them.