If you want to make an easy and simple dish, then eggs are the thing you need. Eggs are very flexible and you can combine them with other ingredients to make your dish look fancy like making a frittata or just simple enough and you can make scrambled eggs.
Eggs are a type of ingredient that are easily combined with many meals and also in baking. Whether you are making a delicious breakfast or dish for dinner, you can never go wrong here. They are inexpensive and easy to work with.
One of the easiest and most common dishes are the scrambled eggs. Many people enjoy this dish and basically you can eat it whenever you want. But what if you’ve done more than enough and you want to leave for the next day, can you refrigerate and then reheat the scrambled eggs?
Can you reheat scrambled eggs? Yes, you easily refrigerate and then reheat eggs. Also, you can absolutely make your egg dish before time and cook it when you want. However, you always have to be careful because eggs can be delicate depending on the ingredients in them.
Read down below and you’ll find some useful tips on how to reheat the scrambled eggs, ideas on how to make-ahead scrambled eggs, as well as how long can you keep them in the fridge.
Your guide on reheating scrambled eggs:
You probably make your Sunday breakfast even better with a good-old scrambled eggs recipe. However, if you want to eat it later or you have leftovers from breakfast there are many ways to reheat them.
To make sure that nothing goes to waste and reheat the eggs in a way that they won’t get soft and rubbery.
The easiest way is to use the microwave. Put the eggs in a microwave-safe container. Add a little liquid if you think that the eggs are a bit dried out. Put the container in the microwave and cover loosely.
Use the microwave to heat the eggs for 20 seconds. Then, open the microwave and stir the eggs with a fork. Repeat this a few times, until the eggs are heated through because you don’t want to get them soggy and pooled at the bottom.
- Using the stove can take a bit more time than using the microwave, but the results are better.
- Put some oil or butter to heat up on the pan. Once it gets to the right temperature, add the eggs to the pan and fry it over medium heat. A good option is to cover the pan, while you heat up the eggs so they won’t get dried out.
- Once you are done, your reheated scrambled eggs are ready to be served.
- You’ll need to use a baking sheet or pan, spray it with cooking spray. Then add the scrambled eggs into the pan and spread them into a thin layer. Cover the pan and add them to the oven.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and stir them halfway through. Once they are done, remove them from the oven, stir them one more time, and serve your meal.
You probably have come across many articles that advise you not to reheat food, especially not eggs. Even though eggs can often have salmonella or other bacteria, wash your hands after you’ve used them raw. Use these tips, so you’ll have a safe and delicious meal:
- Cook the eggs at a temperature of 70 degrees celsius to make sure that the food you eat is safe. Also, keep in mind when reheating that you make them on a higher temperature so bacteria won’t reestablish.
- What if you have more people over and extra scrambled eggs, how can you adapt and reheat it? All you have to do is turn up the heat on a higher temperature up to 150 degrees celsius and add your eggs. Additionally, add cheese, butter or other ingredients. Cover with foil and heat up for 20 to 40 minutes.
- It’s recommendable to cook at a temperature of 70 degrees celsius so your eggs won’t get rubbery. Avoid high-moisture veggies like mushrooms or zucchini, because they’ll get your eggs watery.
How to make-ahead scrambled eggs:
Well if you don’t have time to cook for the next day, you can make scrambled eggs ahead and use them the other day to make the perfect meal. Make it the night before and just reheat it the next day.
This way you’ll save time the next day and you’ll have a ready-made meal that you don’t have to worry about cooking. This recipe works as well if you have many people over, but double the ingredients that are used.
All you need is:
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of cheese ( Cheddar is preferable, but use whichever you have)
- White pepper
- Firstly, you have to beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- Then, melt the butter in a larger skillet on medium heat
- Pour the beat eggs into the skillet and stir frequently. This way you’ll scramble the eggs and make them keep moist.
- Further, remove the peat and add sour cream into the pan. Add the eggs into a glass baking dish and spread them all over.
- Cover the dish and let it refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to eat it, just uncover the baking dish and add salt and pepper. Bake in a preheated oven of 180 degrees celsius.
- Add cheese and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- After all, is done, your meal is ready to eat. This way you’ll make a good, tasty and mouth-watering dish.
Additional meals to prepare with heated scrambled eggs:
Because mornings and preparing meals can be time-consuming, here are some additional recipes that can help you how to use reheated scrambled eggs:
- Waffle sandwich- all you need is two frozen waffles, put the eggs between, and cook them.
- Breakfast burrito- add the eggs to a warm tortilla with salsa
- Cheesy egg scramble- add cheese, onion, and ham. Mix them with the scrambled eggs in a pan.
Refrigerate Scrambled Eggs
If you want to eat scrambled eggs that will melt in your mouth, make sure that you don’t let them sit in the fridge for too long. They are safe to eat up to four days after cooking, after that they aren’t safe to eat.
It’s very important to know that once you get the scrambled eggs out and reheat it one time, do not re-use them again. This is not recommendable at all or just take out as much as you need.
Moreover, you can keep a batch of make-ahead scrambled eggs for five to six days in the fridge as well. These are not sticky soft scrambled eggs. These are very delicious, light and fluffy scrambled eggs that you can use whenever you want.
How do you not overcook scrambled eggs?
If you use high heat, then you are at risk to overcook your eggs. It’s important to be patient and cook them at low temperatures. This way you’ll have more control and prevent the eggs from getting burned.
What heat do you scramble eggs on?
Preheat the oven over medium heat. A good scrambled egg takes only a minute to get ready. If you turn the heat up the eggs will just dry out and you won’t have the perfect eggs that you want.
Do you add milk to scrambled eggs?
If you add milk or cream to the eggs it does not mean that they will get creamy or fluffy. What it’ll do is actually diluted the flavor and make them more rubbery. So it’s not really advisable to add.