Eggs are a product that is usually part of our everyday meals. Many people use eggs as part of their diet because they are very nutritious and healthy.
It does not matter how you want your eggs, whether they are scrambled, boiled, fried, or baked, eggs are a very important part of our meals. There are endless techniques on how to make eggs and say that they are perfect. Boiled eggs are the most common form of the eggs people eat.
Everyone prefers their eggs to be boiled differently. Some people like them to have a runny yolk, some like them hard-boiled. Eggs fit perfectly in salads, and they can also be used as ingredients in your recipe.
However, what if you haven’t cooked the eggs to the form that you like, is there a chance that you can reboil the eggs?
YES! It is safe to say that eggs can be reboiled. I’ll provide you with a guide and additional tips on how to reboil eggs if they are soft or undercooked as well as if you have removed the shell. Boiling eggs is easy, but there is a chance that you might overcook them or simply not cook them enough.
Read this article to help you with your confusion about eggs, from how to get the perfect boiled eggs to boiling them again to the perfect structure that you’d like to eat your eggs.
Boiling eggs: how to get the perfectly cooked eggs?
We all enjoy well-boiled eggs. But every person likes their eggs to be cooked to the perfect amount of time. Some like it softer, some prefer the hard-boiled type of egg. Read these tips and how much time do you need to cook the eggs to the amount you prefer.
- All you have to do is to put your eggs in a saucepan and cover them with water. Bring the water to boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, cover the lid from the pan and lower the heat. Eggs are boiled from 4 to 12 minutes depending on how you like your eggs to be cooked. An important thing to know is that if you want to peel the eggs easier, put them in ice water.
- If you cook the eggs from 4 to 6 minutes you’ll get soft boiled and runny yolk eggs.
Then, if you cook it from 8 to 12 minutes you’ll get a very good boiled egg with a solid cooked yolk. But if you go above 12 minutes, your egg will be overcooked.
Your guide on reboiling eggs and additional tips:
It is completely safe to reboil already boiled eggs. Read below to find out some tips on how to reboil eggs and get the perfect structure that you are looking for.
How to reboil eggs?
You should use a bowl or a cup of boiling hot water and the already boiled egg. Make sure that the water covers the eggs. After this, you should heat some water using a kettle or simply just by pouring hot water over the eggs inside the bowl.
When the eggs are submerged into the boiling water, place a lid over and wait for its temperature to cool down a bit. After some time passes and the water is now cool, remove the lid and check the eggs. If the yolks are still runny for your taste, let the eggs stay in the water for another couple of minutes.
If you would like to get the boiled eggs warm again, let them sit in hot water for one more minute. Then, use a spoon to get the eggs out and dry them out.
This is a process that actually causes two things to happen. The first thing is that the boiled eggs are harder than the first time and are cooked better.
The second thing is that the shell actually becomes softer. You can store them in the fridge and use them later or just simply they are ready to be consumed. They can last a week in your fridge.
There is a trick that will help you before using them again. Put them in water and if they have gone bad they will start floating, otherwise they are good to eat.
Peel off under-cooked eggs:
If you have taken out the eggs before time, peeled them off and they are still undercooked, don’t worry you can reboil these eggs even without the shell. You can safely put them back into the boiling water.
But what if you have separated the whites and the yolk is undercooked. This way, you should put the yolk in a bowl that can be used on the oven or the microwave until it turns darker.
Reboiling soft boiled eggs:
You can also reboil already soft boiled eggs. You can easily turn them into a hard-boiling. If you find yourself with a soft-cooked egg in the morning before going to work, you can put it into boiling water for a few more minutes and they’ll get into the shape that you like.
Once they are boiled enough for almost 15 minutes, lower the heat and take them out. Another tip that you should know is that if you want the shell to peel off easier, run the eggs under cold water. If the shell is already taken off, carefully put them into warm water.
- If you are in a hurry and want to reboil the eggs in the microwave, I would advise you not to do it. There is a chance that the eggs can explode inside the microwave. This is because the boiled egg has moisture trapped inside and the whole pressure might increase and cause this problem.
- The safest way to do it is to use warm or boiled water.
- One of the main reasons to reboil eggs is that they are still soft from the first try of boiling. Boiling eggs contain digestible proteins, which in uncooked eggs are not present.
- A large boiled egg actually has 78 calories and a lot of proteins and rich nutrients that is very important for your health.
- If you eat an undercooked egg, there is a chance to get salmonella.
- An already cooked egg put in the fridge is ok to be reboiled again, as long as it is still good. The quality probably won’t be the same but you’ll get a good boiled egg.
What happens to eggs if you boil them too long?
If you boil them for too long, sulfur and iron components react on the surface of the yolk, which makes it a different color. But don’t worry it’s safe to eat it.
How long do hard-boiled eggs last in the fridge?
If you keep them well stored in the fridge, eggs can last up to a week. But if the egg is already peeled off it should be eaten the same day.
How do you peel an egg without the shell sticking?
Boil them for the amount of time that you prefer and put them in cold water and gently shake. Peel them underwater so it won’t get sticky.