The most famous and delicious Italian dish that we all love is pizza. Everything is better after you eat a slice of pizza. It comes in all shapes and sizes. And there are many combinations of ingredients that can be added to a pizza.
You can easily make it at home just by preparing a dough, gather up all the incidents, and place it to be baked. Or find an already made one which is frozen and sold in your local market.
You can always add more stuff on top because nothing tastes better than a pizza. Further, you have a toaster oven and no idea how to use it to bake your pizza.
How to cook pizza in a toaster oven? To help you bake pizza in a toaster oven, I have written the necessary steps that will help you make the best pizza ever.
If you are not in for making pizza dough from scratch, you can always use a frozen pizza. I have provided the steps as well so make sure to follow the guideline.
Further in this article, you can find out more about reheating leftovers as well. That being said, let’s dive into the article and learn some tips and tricks.
Cooking Pizza in a Toaster Oven
There is nothing more delicious than a home-made pizza. You can bake it in your toaster oven and speed up the cooking process. The oven has a fan that circulates the hot air around so the pizza can be baked.
The air that circulates around provides an even heat dispersal and prevents cold spots. Usually, the toaster ovens have two settings, one which is the bake and convection bake.
Also, ovens like these aren’t used just for baking. You can also reheat the leftover slices of pizza just by using convection. Both settings will get the job done quickly. Make sure to read the manual before using it because not all toaster ovens are the same.
For the baking process, follow these steps so you’ll get the best crusty and delicious pizza.
- While you are preparing your pizza, preheat the toaster oven to 200 degrees Celsius using the bake or the convection bake settings.
- Secondly, prep the pizza and put it inside of the toaster oven. Make sure to safely close the door.
- Your third step is to actually leave the pizza to bake for 15-16 minutes. If you are setting it on convection setting it may take less to be ready. Make sure that is baked and once the crust is brown and the cheese starts bubbling take it out. Use spatula or oven mitts to avoid burning your hands.
- Put the hot, baked pizza on a plate. Leave it to rest and cool down for a few minutes before you take the first bite.
How to Cook Frozen Pizza in a Toaster Oven
There is the dilemma of whether or not you should cook frozen pizza in a toaster oven because some packages state that their pizza shouldn’t be cooked in a toaster oven.
Actually, you can. However, you have to follow the guidelines because the pizza can come out mushy and you won’t be satisfied with the results.
All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Firstly, preheat the toaster oven to the highest temperature there is. Leave the toaster oven for about 10 minutes or more so it can heat up.
- Take out the pizza from the package and place it in a tray so you can put it right into the oven. Do not put a container or baking tray when exposing to heat, because the heat needs to be in direct contact with the food.
- Leave the pizza to bake for 5-7 minutes because it usually does not take a lot of time to bake. Check just to make sure nothing is burned or undercooked.
- You’ll know that the pizza is ready once the cheese is melted and there is a brown color on the crust. Take it out, leave it to rest, and enjoy your pizza.
If the pizza is too big to fit in the toaster you can use a knife to cut it but you’ll have to leave it to thaw a bit because if it’s directly from the freezer you won’t be able to. Apply pressure when you are cutting.
Reheat Pizza in a Toaster Oven
In the toaster oven, you can’t just bake the pizza, you can also reheat leftovers. However, make sure that you heat up the oven to 200 degrees.
Put the pizza leftovers in the oven for 5-10 minutes on a convection setting. Once it gets to the right temperature, take it off the oven and leave the slices to cool down.
How long do you cook frozen pizza in a toaster oven?
Make sure to keep an eye on the pizza. Do not leave it unattended. Place the pizza on a tray and put it in the oven. Bake for 15-16 mines until the cheese is melted and the crust is brown.
What temperature do you cook pizza in a toaster oven?
Always preheat the toaster oven before putting the pizza in. Preheat at 200 degrees and leave it like that for 3-4 minutes until it gets heated. Place the pizza and let it bake.
What can you not put in a toaster oven?
You should always avoid putting glass inside because they are not safe. Mason jars, coffee mugs, cups, and parchment paper are materials that you shouldn’t use in a toaster oven.