Chipotle burritos are mouth-watering, juicy, and equally filling.
Add some of your favorite vegetables, meat, and rice, and top it with chipotle sauce, and you have a perfect dish for brunch, lunch, or dinner as they keep your hunger pangs away.
However, this can be easily troublesome when you are full and unable to eat more chipotle burritos. What should you do then?
Store it in the refrigerator because you can reheat it and eat it later when hungry. You can reheat a chipotle burrito in your microwave, toaster, oven, stove, grill, and air fryer.
This article will detail how to reheat chipotle burritos, so your burrito stays fresh without losing its delectable flavors.
Besides that, we have some simple tips for you to reheat your burrito in the best possible way. So, stay tuned till the end.
What is the Best Way to Warm Up a Chipotle Burrito?
There are four easy ways to reheat a Chipotle burrito, including the microwave, oven, stove, and grill. You can try any of the following methods based on the equipment you have in your house.
So, let us look at each way in detail.
The easiest way to reheat a burrito is in the microwave, but the meat will likely go chewy in the microwave. However, a chipotle burrito contains both dry and wet ingredients.
So, when you microwave unevenly warms a burrito. Some contents become extremely hot while others remain warm. Thus, it might affect the taste a little bit.
Moreover, remove cold ingredients like lettuce because we are sure nobody wants to eat a hot or burnt leaf. Once you have microwaved the chipotle burrito, you can add them back.
Finally, let us get to the instructions now.
Here is how you can reheat or warm up a Chipotle burrito in the microwave:
- Take a microwave-safe dish and put your unwrapped burritos on it. It is because aluminum foils are not microwave-safe.
- Take out all the cold ingredients and keep them aside.
- Sprinkle a few drops of water on both sides of the burrito. It will make sure your burrito does not dry in the microwave. Do not add too much water; it will make your burrito soggy and wet.
- Reheat it for one minute. Again, sprinkle a little water and flip it to the other side.
- Microwave it for 1-2 minutes more. Repeat this procedure twice for a perfectly hot Chipotle burrito.
- Finally, add the cold ingredients you kept aside initially. Your burrito is ready to go in your stomach!
Reheating a Chipotle burrito in the oven has both upsides and downsides.
The upside is that you can have a soft or crispy tortilla however you like it. On the downside, just like the microwave, some ingredients get heated up quickly, while others take time.
The main difference between a microwave and an oven is that you can use aluminum foil in the oven.
For a soft and fluffy tortilla, wrap the burrito in an aluminum foil and place it on the oven tray in low heat settings. However, if you want the crunch, place the burrito flatly on the aluminum foil on the oven tray because it will get even heat on all sides this way.
You can warm up a Chipotle burrito in two different ovens, including the traditional one or the toaster oven. So, let us look at the instructions for each of them separately.
- Preheat the traditional oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap the burrito in a foil or open the tortilla and place it on the aluminum foil as per your crunch preferences.
- Reheat the Chipotle burrito for around 20 minutes. If you have wrapped the Chipotle burrito, check once in between and flip it. This way, it gets evenly heated from all sides.
- Take the Chipotle burrito from the oven using gloves or mittens. Let it sit on the kitchen counter for one minute. Finally, you can eat it with your favorite sides.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit before reheating burritos.
- Wrap the aluminum-foiled Chipotle burrito in a warm towel for two minutes per side.
- Then, place it in the oven carefully.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes per side, or until thoroughly cooked.
- With kitchen gloves, remove the burritos from the oven and serve after one minute. Let them cool a little bit to avoid burning your mouth.
- Finally, you can enjoy your leftover burritos.
It is one of the easiest tricks to reheat your Chipotle burrito because most people own a stove. Unlike the oven, this method is super fast. So, use it when you are hungry and can’t wait long.
The only risk with this method is that you can burn your burritos if you do not follow the instructions carefully. In addition, keep an eye on the stove and turn off the gas as quickly as possible if you see slight burning.
So, let us now see how to reheat Chipotle burritos on the stove:
- Take a pan or skillet of your choice. Place it on the stove and turn on the stove.
- Set the stove to medium heat.
- Add a few drops of cooking oil to the pan.
- Once the oil is slightly heated, place the unwrapped burritos on the pan.
- Use a spatula and press them for around 60 seconds.
- Cover the pan with the lid and let them heat for five more minutes.
- Flip the burrito and repeat the procedure.
- Your burritos are ready to eat!
Lastly, you can use a grill to reheat or warm up your burritos.
This method is most useful when you have a lot of leftover Chipotle burritos in your kitchen. For a maximum of two burritos, you can try any other procedure as there is no point in heating a grill.
Here is how you can warm or reheat your burritos on a grill:
- Heat the grill and place your Chipotle burritos on it. Remove the cold ingredients beforehand and avoid contact between burritos.
- Turn it in every five minutes. Reheat for 20 minutes and check the temperature in between.
- Remove them from the grill and add the cold ingredients back. That’s it. Your burritos are ready to eat.
How Do You Reheat Leftover Chipotle?
Leftover chipotle food items are perishable and must be refrigerated or frozen within 2 hours if you plan to reheat them as per the USDA guidelines.
Refrigerate separately wrapped chipotle food items in sealed containers.
According to USDA safe handling regulations, you must warm up perishable food items to a temperature of 165°F or 74°C. And the best way to reheat chipotle is in a microwave.
The first step is removing paper or compostable bags from your chipotle dishes. Transfer the contents into a microwave-safe container and then follow the instructions as follows:
- Set the microwave settings to medium or high per your desire.
- Remove any fresh vegetables from the chipotle dish. Add them back once your chipotle is out of the microwave.
- Place the chipotle dish in your microwave for 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, stir and let it heat for one minute. Do it till your chipotle is hot as per your liking. However, the internal temperature should not rise above 74°C.
- Remove the dish using gloves to avoid burning your hands.
- Place it on the kitchen counter for about a minute, and then eat it immediately.
What is the Best Way to Reheat a Burrito?
The best way to reheat a burrito is the same as the chipotle burrito. You can use the same methods above.
In a short time, your hot burrito will be ready to eat. You can then serve it with lime rice, Mexican street corn, chips, Mexican rice, salsa, dips, guacamole, and sour cream!
How to Reheat Chipotle Burrito in Air Fryer?
Reheating burritos in an air fryer takes more time compared to a few other methods we have told so far. However, the best part about it is that your burrito will be extra crispy and juicy from the inside.
So, if your burrito looks soggy, it is the best method to follow despite the time it might take. Here is how you can reheat your chipotle burrito in an air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, brush some cooking oil or olive oil evenly on all sides of the chipotle burrito. You do not need to wrap your burritos in an air fryer.
- Then, layer the burritos in the air fryer basket. Make sure they do not touch each other in any way.
- Air fry your chipotle burritos for 7-8 minutes. After five minutes have passed, check them. If they look cooked, turn them to the other side and cook for 1-2 more.
- Remove the burritos carefully and enjoy them again. You will surely see the difference in this method.
How Long to Reheat Chipotle Burrito in Oven?
The burrito’s thickness and ingredients determine the time in the oven. An extensive and thick Chipotle burrito generally requires around 20 minutes to reheat in an oven.
So, you might require a lot of patience for this recipe. If you do not have the time for this and want it done quickly, you can follow any other methods mentioned above as they all are faster than this.